PDA

View Full Version : Help! Do I really need a new ABS Unit?

kaygolf
01-11-2007, 09:26 PM
:1zhelp:
I have a Golf SE 1.6, have had it from new and the warranty expired a couple of weeks ago. Have had intermittant problems with the ESP and ABS warning lights coming on, together with the car juddering and completely cutting out. In April the main dealership ran a diagnostics test and were unable to detect anything, but when the same thing happened in July, they said it needed a new fuel pump which was fitted under warranty. The fault was very intermittent (once every few months) & I expressed concern at what would happen if the fuel pump didn't fix the problem and the fault reoccured after the warranty expired, but couldn't get any real reassurance.
Now the ESP light is permanently on (amber), and showing switched off. The main dealership say that I need a new ABS Unit (£1353), and they say they have contacted VW who have declined to repair it as goodwill.
Does anyone have any suggestions? Incidentally the ABS warning light isn't on, which I would have thought it would be if i needed a new ABS Unit, and it comes on briefly when the engine starts, as it is supposed to do?
Thanks for any help anyone can offer

Sam
02-11-2007, 05:44 PM
Continued here;

http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=18733

Thread closed