PDA

View Full Version : colour choice for a4 avant

Candleman
29-03-2018, 12:19 AM
Hi All

I am about to order a 2l 2wd petrol avant this week to replace my still owned 3l tdi quattro avant (what a great car ) .
I now need a petrol as my mileage is tiny .
Question is as I need to keep below £40K to avoid new VED regs.

Do I go for Sline with scuba blue ,(silver frames etc)and 10 spoke ,19"alloys
or Black ed with Ibis white(non met)and 5 V alloys ,19".Need non met on bulk ed to keep price low
on both added folding mirrors,pan roof,auto,adaptive chassis.

your thoughts would help,thanks

skibuddy
29-03-2018, 09:24 AM
You are going to miss quattro. I went from an A4 Avant Quattro (manual) to an A6 Saloon (manual) and now back in an A4 Avant Quattro with S-tronic. The new A4 is simply the best car I've owned.

jds68
29-03-2018, 10:19 AM
As an owner of a scuba blue sline saloon A4 I can highly recommend the colour choice, looks superb when clean, people often comment on the colour. It is one of those colours that seems to brighten significantly in the sunshine.
Possibly not the most practical colour but then neither is white. Personally I am not a fan of the two most popular car colour choices (regardless of brand), which are black & white, would always go for something different to those two.
Mine has the standard 18" wheels, but I'm sure with the 19" it will look superb.
I had a Black Edition on loan for a couple of weeks, and it was black paint too. It was like driving round in a stealth vehicle! In my opinion I would take the Sline rather than pay extra for the BE, unless lots of black trim is your thing.

krysus
07-04-2018, 01:14 PM
I've got Daytona Grey, gorgeous colour. But I saw an A4 saloon in Quantum Grey last week, and that looked the bees-knees (apart from his choice of black alloys!).

Candleman
13-04-2018, 05:24 PM
Thanks guys for the replies.Sorry ended up ordering white to keep cost below new VED level.
I ordered the new 5 v spoke design alloys instead of Rotors.-Was this a wise decision ?
I can still change if anyone has an overwhelming dislike for original choice.
Car is A4 Avant black edition.

krysus
13-04-2018, 05:44 PM
Good choice on the alloys, I missed out on the option of those by about 4 weeks.

Black Editions in white look great too...

Candleman
14-04-2018, 11:46 AM
Hi Krysus
Thanks ,that helps.
i see you have adaptive suspension ,are you finding it useful ?

krysus
14-04-2018, 01:29 PM
Having previously had an S-Line with the S-Line suspension (30mm drop from standard) on 19" wheels, I think that now in Dynamic mode it's still a fraction softer than standard S-Line suspension. And Comfort mode with 19" rims is probably like Sports suspension on 18's.

Candleman
15-04-2018, 02:34 PM
i too have s-line on s-line suspension and find it hard hence my choice to get the adaptive, so can only assume it will be an improvement !