PDA

View Full Version : Question Passenger Airbag

drlabman
25-03-2018, 01:36 PM
Can someone please help me because I've never had a car with airbags before and I'm trying to understand. When I start my A1 the "Passenger Airbag Off" warning (the text on the dash) comes on and the orange light in the control centre (if that's what it's called). This happens even when my wife is sitting in the passenger seat. Both lights then go off. I've checked in the glovebox and it's set to passenger airbag on. Does the fact that the lights come on mean the passenger airbag's not on, or because they subsequently go off does it mean the passenger airbag's on. I could understand it being off when no-one's sat in the passenger seat. I presume there's a sensor in the seat or something?

Nemo78
20-04-2018, 09:26 PM
Can someone please help me because I've never had a car with airbags before and I'm trying to understand. When I start my A1 the "Passenger Airbag Off" warning (the text on the dash) comes on and the orange light in the control centre (if that's what it's called). This happens even when my wife is sitting in the passenger seat. Both lights then go off. I've checked in the glovebox and it's set to passenger airbag on. Does the fact that the lights come on mean the passenger airbag's not on, or because they subsequently go off does it mean the passenger airbag's on. I could understand it being off when no-one's sat in the passenger seat. I presume there's a sensor in the seat or something?

I believe it’s the car just going through a self-check every time you start the car. If the light goes off then all is fine and airbag is on - if it stays illuminated then the airbag is set to off. (That’s my understanding - I’m sure though it’ll mention something in the manual)

Same in most Audi’s [emoji1360]