PDA

View Full Version : Question Battery and electrical system update

netherfield
23-03-2018, 04:40 PM
I've just had a call from VW, not the dealer, saying the car requires an update on the 'Energy management system', can we book you a date for this with your dealer, being rather busy at present I put her off for the time being.

When questioned what the above meant, she replied, "VW have reconfigure the way the battery and electrical system works,this puts less strain on the battery", or words to that effect.

I'n not against having it done, but wondered if anyone else has had the same call. The call came from the Nottingham area code, I asked who she was from , she said 'VW, we're just doing the work on behalf of Sytner customers'.

bill.wj.wilson
23-03-2018, 05:30 PM
I've just had a call from VW, not the dealer, saying the car requires an update on the 'Energy management system', can we book you a date for this with your dealer, being rather busy at present I put her off for the time being.

When questioned what the above meant, she replied, "VW have reconfigure the way the battery and electrical system works,this puts less strain on the battery", or words to that effect.

I'n not against having it done, but wondered if anyone else has had the same call. The call came from the Nottingham area code, I asked who she was from , she said 'VW, we're just doing the work on behalf of Sytner customers'.If you've not had the emissions update the story go's they get £50.00 a pop to do it. That's about the only software issue I've heard about lately.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

netherfield
23-03-2018, 06:19 PM
If you've not had the emissions update the story go's they get £50.00 a pop to do it. That's about the only software issue I've heard about lately.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Does not need any emissions update on this engine, it's running adblue. I need to update my car profile, this is on a Tiguan Match BMT TDI 184 DSG