PDA

View Full Version : 2015 A3 Lambda sensor recall

Peter T
12-03-2018, 12:06 PM
Hi all,

My 2015 2.0 Tdi Audi A3 is due its' first MOT in a couple of weeks. When I booked it in with Norwich Audi I was informed that my vehicle was subject to a recall for the lambda sensor to be replaced. I cannot find any mention of this anywhere on Audi's website or anywhere else for that matter. Does anyone on the forum have any knowledge or details of this recall? Is this anything to do with the emissions scandal ?

I am a little concerned, as I do not want the widely publicised emissions fix applied to my car, with the inherant injector failures and reduced performance issues that other VAG owners have experienced with this fix applied. When the scandal first became public a few years ago, I checked with Audi if my car was one of those affected, and was told that it was not, (same thing with my VW Caddy van). Any info on this sensor recall would be appreciated.

Cheers

Pete T

Crasher
12-03-2018, 10:02 PM
I would need your reg or VIN to help.

Peter T
14-03-2018, 11:22 AM
Wauzzz8v4fa128193

Crasher
14-03-2018, 02:23 PM
Nothing I can find in safety recalls or workshop campaigns.

Peter T
14-03-2018, 02:54 PM
Thanks buddy.

Cheers

Pete T

alankru
09-04-2018, 12:12 PM
What was the outcome of this when you took it to the dealer? Did they actually replace the sensor? or was it not required as Crasher suspected?

My car is possibly also effected for the same thing. Apparently they need it in the workshop to verify if it is truly effected. Something to do with it under heat or something and coming up with the emissions light on the dash. From what they explained to me, I can tell that it isn't part of the emissions scandal, they said it is a manufacturing defect.

Crasher
09-04-2018, 04:43 PM
Everything to do with diesel is a scandal, watch Dispatches on Ch4 tonight!

Peter T
15-04-2018, 10:25 AM
Yes, they did actually change the sensor.

Cheers

Pete T