PDA

View Full Version : Hello there!

twinsdad
10-03-2018, 06:48 PM
Hi guys. I'm from Nottingham and I have just started my (modest) bucket list car mission. So far I have ticked two off the list; G60 Corrado and the incredible W140 S500 which I currently still own. I am just in the process of getting the Merc ready for sale and with the cash it frees up and a little more I have in the bank I am hoping to find a very nice S4 B5. I have never owned an Audi before and am not entirely au fait with the models but I have always been very fond of this particular twin-turboed beast. I have been scouring the internet for a little while now and the prices range drastically so it's hard to know what the right sort of price is for any particular car. I suppose it will come down to what I can afford at the time of purchase.

I will be a regular poster for sure in the coming weeks and months, especially when I become a proud owner of one of these beauties.

Unfortunately my bucket list is full of cars which I will never be able to afford and their are a couple of Audis on there very close to the top.

Group B forever!

Crasher
10-03-2018, 08:18 PM
The problem with the 8D S4 is they are getting old and leggy so condition is paramount as they can be an absolute money pit because so many have been driven into the ground. A common problem is EGT sensor failure and if the sensor galls it’s thread then the front pipe has to come out so that the thread can be restored but this means removing the appropriate sides turbo and this is extremely difficult without removing the engine. It really is a case of caveat emptor.....

twinsdad
10-03-2018, 11:35 PM
thankfully I have been blessed with a best mate who also happens to be an extremely competent mechanic and somewhat of an Audi enthusiast. He will be coming with me when I eventually find one which is decent enough to be considered for purchase. There don't seem to be too many of those at the moment, however!