PDA

View Full Version : NEW A3 ORDER - help with options?!

03Allroad
05-03-2018, 01:21 AM
Hi guys, Ive just placed an order for A3 Etron.

Ive got a few days to finalise my extras so any thoughts / recommendations on these?:

Cosmos blue OR Glacier white?
Blue rally cloth seats
comfort pack (B&O stereo, heated front seats, parking system plus)
Virtual cockpit & flat steering wheel
privacy glass
park assist
storage pack

in two minds about roof rails - any recommendations?

Cheers
Mark

Splash
12-03-2018, 12:12 PM
Was just searching "etron" when I came across this but you can have my opinion for free based on playing with the configurator some time ago.

Roof rails complete a car in my view, but I need them to be in black - otherwise it limits my paint colour choice to white or silver. Even if I didn't use them they work aesthetically if collar and cuffs match - and you may find them useful one day.
Privacy glass works well, especially on a white car.
Park assist/Comfort pack. I can park easily, especially with sensors. Heated seats are good with leather but never wanted them with cloth. The blue will work with white btw. B&O probably great (I grew up with it), but wasted on my ears in a car environment.

Don't like the default wheels but that's a very personal thing and the first thing I'd change unless I was mainly using some wheels from a previous car etc. e.g. to return car on originals without cost of replacement tyres.

Enjoy it when it arrives. I see your previous ones and have the allroad and 205 (1.9) in common with you.

03Allroad
12-03-2018, 09:40 PM
cheers Splash,
I agree roof rails best in black on light cars also agree wheels for Etron are boring (Ill get some 2nd hand S3 wheels I think). I also agree heated seats not necessary in a car that you can pre-heat from your phone?! however B&O stereo supposed to be well worth it and I do like a nice stereo!

...more used to buying 2nd hand cars (this is a company car) hence struggling to make a decision!

(the 205 is great fun on a track but otherwise it has to be german...pref Audi!)