PDA

View Full Version : strange problem..

reenoo
25-08-2006, 01:20 PM
I Have fitted 6j 14" snow flake alloys to my polo, the problem is on the passenger side(rear) the tyre is tight to the spring seat but on the drivers side theres space to get my finger between the strut seat and tyre!

From the back theres a noticable lean to the passenger side.

On the front wheels the tyres hit the inner arch on the passenger side put not drivers side!

I thought maybe someones fitted the wrong shocks on one side. Or is there a rear camber adjustment?

Any ideas much appreciated.

Huweth
25-08-2006, 06:08 PM
How old is your car?
Sounds like the camber is out. Take it to have 4-wheel alignment. Not too expensive to have done, but the re-alignment work might be.

Also, many garages have an appauling lack of knowledge, or use the "crack a hazelnut with a sledgehammer" approach. I was once told I needed all sorts of fancy shims and welding done, yet I knew it was a case of loosening a few bolts. They quoted £200!!! Another garage did it for £30...

Shop around, and don't pay out a fortune. You may be best taking it to a local independant VW garage, or one that people heartily recommend.

reenoo
26-08-2006, 05:07 PM
Its a 86 polo, is there a rear adjustment?
I have found a small part of the problem, the tyres are different makes and the side wall on one bulges more than the other.

I have taken one leg off but I cant get the other off as the bottom bolt is siezed in and as the swing arm is a tube design with the bolt inside it I cant hammer it out!
Any one know how to get the begger out!??
:zx11: :zx11: :zx11: :1zhelp: