PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Gearbox problem

bobo11
24-02-2018, 10:43 PM
Hi all,

I’m looking for some advice about my car. I have an Audi TT Quattro. A decent car that’s only done just over 60,000.

Usually, the car drives perfectly, no complaints. After coming back from football last week, I was waiting at the lights and put the car in neutral.

When I did this, there was a noticeable gear ‘disengage’, something was ‘clicking’ in the gearbox or something. Since then every time I select D or R or change from D to P it will make noise. Or any of those positions for that matter. Sometimes you can notice rev counter ‘waving’ when selecting gears while standstill.

I’ve only recently had the car serviced, and there were no problems so just wonder what this is and why it has started now?

I’ve spoken to a couple of people who’ve thrown ideas around like mechatronic or clutch. Obviously, with only 60k on the clock, I’m hoping it’s not a new gearbox that I need!

Has anyone on here had the same problem?

edgarcollinss
26-02-2018, 12:15 PM
Sounds like the clutch mate

bobo11
27-02-2018, 10:39 PM
Sounds like the clutch mate

How do you know, have you got something like that?

I've been googling **** loads on loads of forums. Everyone says something else... just getting tired with this. It's hard to find an expert mechanic too!

Anyone on this forum who can help here?

meerkat
28-02-2018, 02:22 PM
Mine is the same and Audi wants to change gearbox for 7k !!!
Still, haven't found a solution for it.

Crasher
28-02-2018, 03:01 PM
It could be the clutch or the Mechatronic unit, you have to spend some time with a suitable diagnostic system looking through the measuring blocks as usually this does not generate a fault code. I have even known them require both units. The dealers change the whole box because they are lazy. The TTRS is the worst for this problem and they snap the Haldex units as well.

bobo11
03-03-2018, 05:59 PM
Mine is the same and Audi wants to change gearbox for 7k !!!
Still, haven't found a solution for it.

I feel for you mate. I would probably get a new car instead...

bobo11
03-03-2018, 06:05 PM
It could be the clutch or the Mechatronic unit, you have to spend some time with a suitable diagnostic system looking through the measuring blocks as usually this does not generate a fault code. I have even known them require both units. The dealers change the whole box because they are lazy. The TTRS is the wort for this problem and they snap the Haldex units as well.

oh, mate - seems like I'm in big trouble here. Not good news at all. Thanks for an expert reply. Really appreciate it!

I just wonder, since you know much, are you able to help perhaps? Do you know someone who could replace that piece?

Many thanks in advance!

bobo11
18-06-2018, 11:05 AM
To let you know how this thing ended-up. After checking authorised garage, and got similar quote for about 7k I've google the **** out of it and came a cross million 'experts' but they all look dodgy, I mean their websites, I went to few local ones which where giving me quotes around 3-5k.
No effing way I'm paying that!

Kept searching and came across this milta technology - you need to check them out lads http://milta.co/ Audi should envy what they do! The waiting room is almost a bloody spa!

Got me sorted for less than £2k. Yes, bloody 2k in a day. Super fast lads, no messing around, and waiting was a pleasure. In fact I could be looking at what they are doing all the time if I want to. Legends.

Love it, Ta!

Crasher
18-06-2018, 07:57 PM
But we all want to know what they did?