PDA

View Full Version : TSB steering hose, shuddering steering wheel

omar121212
23-02-2018, 04:25 PM
Hi I have a Q5 2.0TDI 2011.
It drives really nice. When parked up and turning the steering wheel (before movement) there is some shuddering felt in the wheel, the shuddering is also felt when steering left/right at low speed. At higher speeds car steers and drives fine. In a straight line there is no shuddering.

Have read about in other forums about B8 engines and have a TSB for replacement steering hose
Possible TSB for Q5 Steering Shudder - AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q5-sq5-mki-8r-discussion-129/possible-tsb-q5-steering-shudder-2798728/)

Other forums suggest that this is to do with the differentials and is "normal for quattros"

Anyone have any experience for this. I am happy to leave it as it is providing it is "normal" and others have the same experience.

Thanks for your help in advance.

davej
07-03-2018, 11:53 AM
Hi, I have the same 2010 model and has the same feel through the steering wheel that you speak about. Mines done 136K. I might look at the plumbing - there's only so much that can go wrong, leaking/swollen/kinked with a hose? You would think...

omar121212
08-03-2018, 11:47 PM
Thanks for the reassurance Dave. I think this is pretty normal for a lot of the cars. The dealer had a look and said it appeared normal. I’m just gonna enjoy the car me thinks :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rowdy-999
09-03-2018, 12:08 PM
Hi I have a Q5 2.0TDI 2011.
When parked up and turning the steering wheel (before movement) there is some shuddering felt in the wheel

other forums suggest that this is to do with the differentials and is "normal for quattros"

The diffs won't do anything until the wheels are rotating.