PDA

View Full Version : Question Egr delete will dpf regen ?

Jamoal
21-02-2018, 12:04 PM
2007 A6 2.0 tdi
Hi guys, looking for some advice. If i blank off my EGR valve and get it deleted out will my DPF still regenerate. I had Egr blanked off for last few months without getting it mapped out and its just come up with a DPF fault. I had to unblank it to get the dpf to regen and clear the fault. TIA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gazwould
21-02-2018, 09:12 PM
The egr is an prerequisite of dpf regeneration , it helps regulate both the pressure and temperature .

Jamoal
21-02-2018, 09:16 PM
The egr is an prerequisite of dpf regeneration , it helps regulate both the pressure and temperature .

Ah ok thanks, so basically 2 choices, dont blank off the egr or get the dpf removed and risk mot failure under new laws [emoji30]

Gazwould
21-02-2018, 10:18 PM
Here's the fun , the default limit for your 07 will be a slack 3.00, egr and dpf Stage 1 no problem .

However if lower the manufacturers figure will apply and it certainly will be lower , what's yours , bottom right on VIN , probably around 0.5 ?

Pete_NorthEast
22-02-2018, 10:45 AM
These DPF filters surely are a pain in the A**E, drove 15 miles on the motorway then the DPF decided to do a regen when I parked up at work, I drove back out for 5 minutes doing 2500rpm and it still didn’t finish. Ended up turning it off and walking away....

Jamoal
22-02-2018, 01:34 PM
Cars engines are way too complicated nowadays, they say its for the environment but i say its to make them more money [emoji30]