PDA

View Full Version : XDS diff - worthwhile?

a900ss
18-02-2018, 05:26 PM
I’m in the process of speccing an R Line estate. It’ll only be a 150TDI with DSG and am considering adding XDS (am also considering 19’s so come t son those also welcome)

it it will be on standard suspension (no lowered sports or DCC) and would like your comments if XDS is a worthwhile option.

I have a proper LSD on my (RWD) Sunday car and I really feel the benefits from hard acceleration out of roundabouts and bends. Is the XDS similar to a slippy diff? Is it any good? Thanks.

Frank Bullitt
26-02-2018, 09:56 AM
I have no direct experience of the XDS differential but to be honest the 150 doesn’t feel like it needs it - there is no ‘wallop’ as you accelerate hard out of corners so the benefit might be marginal in tucking the nose in - I’d spend the money on any one of a number of other things given the choice.

JimDut
30-05-2018, 11:07 PM
Did you by the car in the end and if so did you go with the XDS?

How’ve you found it?

I’ve spec’d it on my R Line but can’t say more until 17 weeks time.

a900ss
05-06-2018, 10:17 PM
Yes, I did spec it. Can’t say what it’s like yet as I don’t collect the car until another 2 weeks....

Live never driven a front wheel drive car that doesn’t understeer, especially in the wet, so I thought it was a small price to pay if it helps.