PDA

View Full Version : A4 Avant electric load area cover

pob
05-02-2018, 08:39 PM
Hi. Looking at getting an A4 Avant S Line and have spotted in the brochure that they have an electric load area cover. I've seen a few videos on youtube showing the cover sliding back as the tailgate opens - silly question though - is there any way of turning that off, leaving it in the open position? We have a dog, so if that couldn't be switched off it would be no good covering him in the boot! I know the whole cover could be removed but there's nowhere to store it under the floor that i can see. Thanks in advance.

yuppyflyer
05-02-2018, 08:43 PM
Hi. Looking at getting an A4 Avant S Line and have spotted in the brochure that they have an electric load area cover. I've seen a few videos on youtube showing the cover sliding back as the tailgate opens - silly question though - is there any way of turning that off, leaving it in the open position? We have a dog, so if that couldn't be switched off it would be no good covering him in the boot! I know the whole cover could be removed but there's nowhere to store it under the floor that i can see. Thanks in advance.Yes you can take it out of the runners to leave it in the retracted position or remove it completely.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

pob
05-02-2018, 08:55 PM
Cheers for quick response.

Dave30
06-02-2018, 08:46 PM
I have an S-line Avant and it it is just as Yuppflyer said above. In addition, if you leave it retracted but still in place it also has a built in pull up net that you can slot into roof fixings by rear door handles to create a 'barrier' to stop dogs jumping over the back seat. Reversible boot floor is great as well - rubber one side and usual material on the other, great if dog has been on a muddy walk. Hope that helps.

skibuddy
08-02-2018, 11:33 AM
Just as an FYI. The load area cover and rear passenger area separator net are independepent and can be removed independently of each other from the vehicle. I do this to create extra space in the luggage area.

On a completely separate note but boot related: The tailgate seems to be made of a composite material. A magnetic GB sticker wont stick to the tailgate. I am reluctant to stick a sticker to the car, even to the rear window. No time to get new number plates made up with GB/EU stickers on them (not to mention that's an expensive optioin).

senexdriver
19-05-2018, 05:08 AM
A tip for applying a GB sticker and not risking ruining your paintwork: apply a thin film of Vaseline to your tailgate where you want to put the sticker. Apply the sticker and when you return home it will peel off easily. Then you just have to remove the Vaseline. You can’t re-use the sticker, but a new one for each foreign trip doesn’t break the bank. I’ve done this a number of times.