PDA

View Full Version : Please Help ABS Control Unit / Module - 2005 - Golf Plus GT - 2.0 TDI

caribsimon
02-02-2018, 05:35 PM
Hoping someone can offer some advice. Our Golf has just failed its MOT as it had a ABS light on the dash, the garage are saying that it needs a new ABS control module, which they are saying will cost over £600 for the part alone. Wandering if this is an accurate price and if there are any other suggested options that we could consider. We thought about buying a second hand part, but the obvious risk would be that the part may be faulty and then I'd end paying the labor costs twice.

Any suggestions or ideas would be very much appreciated

Thanks in advance

HAWKS
03-02-2018, 12:41 PM
Hi.
I had the same issue on my 2000 A4.ABS light on the dash and the car wouldnt link up to vcds.I bought a second hand ABS contol unit, but i only changed the black module box. All worked fine straight away and onlt took about 25 mins to change out.The second hand unit cost me £80. Well worth it as a quick cheap fix.

Crasher
03-02-2018, 05:35 PM
which they are saying will cost over £600 for the part alone. Wandering if this is an accurate price

That price does not make sense using VW genuine parts as the unit is available in three forms from VW depending on what fault you are dealing with, have they given you a fault code? Were the ABS and ESP lights on, just the ESP or just the ABS? The usual ESP versions ECU is £855.61, the full ABS unit is £1058.61 and the standard pump repair kit for the very common G201 faults is £303.52 so you need to clarify what the problem is.