PDA

View Full Version : Instument dash lights stay on when doors locked - boot lid open warning flickering

robert1z
28-01-2018, 04:17 PM
Hi

I am busy sorting electrical gremlins due to (i think) some serious water ingress into the car. The leak i think has been stopped by attaching some hose to the sunroof drains at front and directing water out through wing area anyway I have some electric issues.

The problem is that when i shut the doors and lock them the dashboard lights pop back on and stays on. I have had a heater on for hours over last few days and its looking much better but still have this problem.
Due to the flickering boot open warning I thought it may be this. I have removed the boot trim ( signs of water getting in - is there anywhere it hasn't!) I have dried it out and removed all electrical connections to the lock and rear wiper. The lights still remain on and the boot warning light?
I dug out a fuse box diagram (thanks crasher) but was unable to see a fuse for locks, just central locking and interior lights - removing these fuses did not make lights go out.
I have removed radio as this aslo came on sporadically
I wonder if i need to look closer to fuse box ?

Thanks in advance

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

robert1z
29-01-2018, 07:51 PM
Not really sure where to go next with this..
I have done a vag com scan and have some errors that don't look good.

Steering assist.
031317 - control module in instrument cluster (j285) 49-10 - no communications - intermittent

Central conv.
01134 -alarm horn (h12)
49-10 no communications - intermittent

I have never had these before as have scans from few months ago. Maybe something to do with damp. I havr had a heater running in car for for few hours a day for while now.

Do you think these are related to dash cluster lights staying on?

Any ideas where to start!?

Thanks

robert1z
30-01-2018, 03:18 PM
I have pulled the clocks out of the dash and getting some heat in there but it all lools dry now, will maybe check some earths later.
Any ideas what earths to check and maybe where for instruments cluster and door lock issues?

robert1z
01-02-2018, 09:40 PM
Still got this blooming problem!

If i shut the door the dash lights go out for about 3 seconds then come back on and stay on. This is before the car is locked. Does this sound like more of a door sensor? Its doing its job isn't it if the light goes out albeit temporarily?

I haven't managed to get much time in the garage lately but still thinking about this issue. It came on after some very heavy rain I think while car was leaking so probably related. I know electrics and water are a mine field but need somewhere to start.

Is it worth having a poke about with the CCM this would maybe effect dash lights maybe linked to locking??
Maybe just get it an MOT on it snd start using it and getting more heat in there. Its just annoying me and i have half car in bits now!

robert1z
08-02-2018, 03:47 PM
Well what do you know? After painstaking hours of reading haynes manual wiring diagrams and chasing earths to no avail i took car for a good drive and then to the mot station and the dash lights are behaving now! Can only think the water or whatever has dried up. So she passes MOT and lives to see another year! [emoji16]