PDA

View Full Version : Question remap smoke

yellowhillman
23-01-2018, 12:58 PM
Hi there.I hope that somebody out there will have an answere to a problem I am having with my '09 Passat TD with 170 CBBB engine an DSG box with 78k on the clock.
Several months ago I gave in and had the car remapped by Darkside Developments and to be honest it drives beautifully. Everrything I could have wanted except that occasionally I get white smoke from the exhaust whilst driving. This isn't the smoke that you get when you first drive off with a cold engine. There is no loss of coolant and no loss of power. Darkside say to take it back to them and they will check it out but they are 200miles away. I have searched extensively online andthe general consensus is that it is todo with DPF regen although some say you should not get any smoke during regen. When I check the DPF soot content is showing at a constant 100g out of a 175g max. Any ideas would be appreciated

Gazwould
23-01-2018, 03:37 PM
It's the turbo ?

yellowhillman
23-01-2018, 04:10 PM
Thanks for that, but how does the turbo make intermittent white smoke? If it was constant smoke under load I could believe there was a seal problem. Mine happens for a short time. No excess oil in exhaust. Also no boost problems.