PDA

View Full Version : Question Diesel Fuel filter replacement Scirocco tdi 170 without using vcds to prime diesel after install

Buzzoff
07-01-2018, 10:09 AM
Hello people,

I’ve a 2009 VW Scirocco cr Tdi 170.

I’m looking to replace the diesel fuel filter.

I’m familiar with the procedure of replacing the filter ( have done this several times on my previous mkV Golf BKD TDI, this primed itself when I turned the ignition key) but I’ve one question regarding priming it with fuel.

The common rail TDI engines seem to have lost the function of priming fuel via the ignition key as before on my mkV tdi Golf.

Will I have any start up issues if I filled the fuel filter canister with diesel ( as I did do in the past on my mkV Golf as a belt and braces measure )but not prime the system via VCDS cable and a laptop as mentioned on YouTube how to’s?

I don’t have vcds and would like to know if it’s possible to do procedure without.

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks

Vagnuts
07-01-2018, 06:31 PM
I cant think of any reason why it wouldnt work, tho it prob take a few cranks--and may well cough an spluter a couple times.

Buzzoff
07-01-2018, 07:04 PM
Thanks for the reply
I was thinking that way too, I just don’t want to get stuck with my daily driver not working.