PDA

View Full Version : High Bean Assist sensitivity

shabazmo
02-01-2018, 01:55 PM
The sensitivity of the HBA is not as sensitive as it used to be and drivers are sometimes flashing me. Does anyone know what can be done or if there is an adjustment via VCDS.

M1tchy
02-01-2018, 07:02 PM
A really obvious one but have you cleaned the camera on the windscreen? If not the years of dust etc could be affecting it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Akash
04-01-2018, 10:36 AM
I wonder if it's just more obvious at the moment as it's dark + weather is rubbish.
I too have noticed a few people flashing however visually, I think it's quick enough to close up the lights so to speak and at the right time. Only time it's probably not done the trick is on a dual carriageway bend and the opposite side has flashed.

Then again I've had people flash even without HBA on - I think the LED lights are generally just a lot brighter and for the lower oncoming cars, maybe in their way.

Akash
08-01-2018, 10:46 AM
I got another flash last night on Surrey's dark roads. I saw the right side dim down as the oncoming car approached however when I do get flashed, it's usually around this area where I'm at an incline slightly and the oncoming is on decline. I guess either the left side is still too bright or it's not dimming quick enough - the latter I'm not sure as I'm pretty certain i saw it dim prior to the lights being on the oncoming car.