PDA

View Full Version : How To Set The Time On MMI

drlabman
31-12-2017, 07:56 PM
I've got a newbie question. I've had my nearly new A1 Sportback for a few days and still can't work out how to set the time - it's currently one hour fast. I've read the book and watched videos which say that you press the Time "button" in the top left corner of the MMI. However, mine seems to be permanently greyed out. I assume I'm missing some obvious step. Anyone?

josedebardi
31-12-2017, 08:25 PM
The clock is being set by GPS or Radio automatically. The one hour different will be because of daylight savings.
Where are you? Some countries have odd DST Settings and in that case you just have to live with it, or get VCDS and disable the auto clock setting.
Is there an independent option for DST on/off you can set?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drlabman
31-12-2017, 08:36 PM
The clock is being set by GPS or Radio automatically. The one hour different will be because of daylight savings.
Where are you? Some countries have odd DST Settings and in that case you just have to live with it, or get VCDS and disable the auto clock setting.
Is there an independent option for DST on/off you can set?

Really? I'm in the UK. I've seen (on YouTube) the screen where you can choose which time source you want to use, whether you want it to automatically adjust for DST, etc, but I can't get into that screen because my Time button is greyed out.

josedebardi
31-12-2017, 09:37 PM
Normally you can get into time but then the contents are greyed out.
Have you tried it with engine running/ignition on/ignition off?
I’m wondering if with the GPS antenna running or not it locks you out.

drlabman
31-12-2017, 11:09 PM
Normally you can get into time but then the contents are greyed out.
Have you tried it with engine running/ignition on/ignition off?
I’m wondering if with the GPS antenna running or not it locks you out.

Pretty sure I've only tried with engine off, ignition off, so will have another go tomorrow. You mention GPS - I don't have the sat nav option so I guess the time isn't set by GPS. Would that be true?

josedebardi
31-12-2017, 11:21 PM
On newish models the antenna is still present. Or if not it takes it from the FM radio signal.

drlabman
01-01-2018, 05:19 PM
On newish models the antenna is still present. Or if not it takes it from the FM radio signal.

Sorted. The Time control button only works with the ignition on so I was able to go into the screen with all the time related settings and fix it. Thanks for your help.