PDA

View Full Version : Lane assist question

szladob
20-12-2017, 12:01 AM
We just have updated one of our car to a 2014 A4 avant techniq, which came with lane assist. My older other car (2009 A6) also has lane assist, and when that vibrates the steering wheel, you almost feel you have been "electrocuted", ie you probably would be waking up if you were dozing off.. On the other hand, this newer car has probably a further generation system, as this also actively moves/holds the steering wheel, however the vibration itself is so subtle, that you wouldn't notice unless you are specifically expecting it.. Also it seems like that even with the green light on, it works one time and not the other...

So the question is, should I expect this newer system to have prominent vibration, or is this typical? I presume only main dealers would be able to assess this?

I know that with my old car I was told not to have alignment done just in a regular place, as that could mess up this system; could the above described scenario (seems to work on and off) relate to something like this?
Also is there a vibration unit or something within the steering wheel that may need replacement? (in the MMI, there is no setting for the strength of the vibration, only yes or no)

Many thanks, any advice would be greatly appreciated!