PDA

View Full Version : Discover Pro - is there an Average Speed setting?

mike6265
18-12-2017, 11:57 AM
As above on the Discover Pro system I am unable to find a setting for Average Speed for the journey.
I think possibly it is not available - can someone confirm this. All I can find is MPG and Range and Gear and Speed.

I always found it useful on my previous Passat with the RNS510 system - this also had Oil Temp which again does not seem available.

Any comments welcome.

Mike

Passat Estate GT 1.8 TSI 180PS 7 speed DSG new in November 2017

Frank Bullitt
19-12-2017, 12:57 PM
I’m not sure if it’s the same as the Discovery navigation in this respect, but if you click on the ‘car’ button (not that it is a button on the pro) and it’s a sub menu under settings in there.

Mine has oil temp come up as one of the multi function trip computer options I think, again, it’s accessed via a tick-box option somewhere in the settings that allows you to tailer what you see.

I would be pleased just to work out how to quieten the stereo when the parking sensors are activated!

mike6265
19-12-2017, 01:34 PM
Thanks for the reply Frank. Yes I have ticked the boxes (average speed and oil temperature) in the "car" (Vehicle) section but it doesn't seem to produce the indication in the instrument cluster. Will continue to think and even maybe go to VW nearby.

Not sure how to quieten the stereo.

The petrol is OK but if there hadn't been so much moaning about diesels I would have stuck with the TDI.

Later: I dropped in on VW and a smart tech guy explained. I now know how to get all the extra readings, however they will appear in the centre of the instrument cluster in place of the map. Will post details for anyone interested after more R&D.

YawnGumbo
20-12-2017, 12:50 PM
You quieten the stereo for the parking sensors through the car setup (press "Car" button, then select "Setup" onscreen) option I think. This is where you can tailor various options to do with the lights, tyres, etc.

Frank Bullitt
20-12-2017, 02:56 PM
Thanks, I’ll have another look - I could find away to change the volume and tone of the sensors but not the stereo quietening when the sensors activate.

Our oil temp is in the central display, it dose appears if you want the sat nav instructions there but assume yours has the active display which is obviously quite different