PDA

View Full Version : Question 2009 Locked Touareg Broken into. How?

Esor12
12-12-2017, 01:12 PM
Hello. Our 2009 Touareg was broken into last week. The car was locked and alarm was going off and the guy was still in the car rummaging! He ran off and police came. We checked the car afterwards and no sign of break in. How could he have gotten in?

UMEL
13-12-2017, 10:04 AM
1. With a key. But then again he would probably have taken the vehicle.
2. With an electronic device for opening doors. Seems a common thing now.
3. It was not fully locked.

Strange things happen in this world. My late father had an Ifor Williams 8' x 6' trailer which must have weighed 1/2 to 3/4 ton and was always secured with a DARTH Vader tow ball cover. He lived at the furthest end of a cul de sac road. The trailer was parked in front of the building about 30 feet from the road. He needed some milk from a shop that was a 400 yard walk but that day he went by car which only took him 20 minutes tops. On his return the trailer had gone. The neighbours saw or heard nothing.

snapdragon
20-03-2018, 08:38 PM
If the alarm was going off, it must have been one of those VAG bump keys with sliders in it.
I will not link to them as I am not sure of rules but they are like hollow VAG key mounted on a boss and a sperate tool that is inserter into the hoolow key and moves the pins while the other hand tries to turn the boss, this holds pins that have already been done and makes the key move as soon as all the pins are done. They are only £16 so cheaper than a real key!