PDA

View Full Version : Question Rough idle and sounds like a misfire

Bradpot
05-12-2017, 02:06 PM
Hi Guys, fairly new to this forum.

Over the past couple weeks I have been doing some work on my 07 vw golf 1.4. I have recently done a major service in which i have done a engine flush, oil change filter etc..... I also changed my cambelt and aux belt. Whilst trying to loosen the crankshaft Bolt we ruined the old belt as it jumped a couple teeth. We then fitted the new belt and started her up. When it's cold we don't have a problem once it warm it sounds as if it's misfiring. My engine management light came on I had a diagnostic done and the error code was 17545 - fuel trim bank 1 (add) system too rich p1137-intermittent. The mechanic did say that the voltage to the sensor was not consistent but he was not 100% sure that this is the reason as to why I have a ruff idle. He confirmed I had no misfire and was happy with the timing I possibly think I could have a slightly bent valve but could it be a pipe/ cable that when jacking the engine may of come loose ?

Any feedback would be highly appreciated?

Regards
Brad

Crasher
05-12-2017, 09:29 PM
I would suggest a compression test before doing anything else. I had a Polo in today with a rich fault code and it has a burnt exhaust valve on number 3.

Bradpot
06-12-2017, 11:16 PM
Hi Crasher,
Thank you for the reply. I will certainly give that a try.