PDA

View Full Version : Woke up to open windows

gebbel
17-11-2017, 08:40 AM
As above, the front windows were slightly open and the rears were about half open when I got up this morning. I'm a little paranoid lately as someone attempted to break into my house a while ago....they reckon this was an attempt to get the keys. I checked the car was locked last night before bed, there is no way I accidentally depressed the unlock fob for long enough to trigger the opening. It was freezing during the night, the first proper freeze we've had since I bought the vehicle. There was a lot of condensation on the inner windows.

What is likely to have happened here? Could it have been an attempt to steal? Its playing on my mind that something insidious is going on.

Thanks.

Gazwould
17-11-2017, 08:48 AM
https://youtu.be/m9We2XsVZfc

iainpeter
21-11-2017, 09:11 PM
Many years ago my A6 opened its windows overnight, as it was still within Audi warranty I contacted Audi. They sent out Audi roadside who informed me that it was due to a remote code issue. He reset the remote code and it never happened again.

Crasher
21-11-2017, 09:27 PM
VAG always swear blind this is an issue with someone pressing the remote, so much as they will set the duration required to activate on pressing time to so long it was not feasible it was the problem, but still they opened... And "they" want computers to drive our cars for us! No thanks, I would rather be killed by a person than a computer.....