PDA

View Full Version : Google Maps

iainpeter
12-11-2017, 09:26 PM
I really like my A4 S line but I am struggling with a few issues as indicated in an earlier post. Recently I had issues with the map dropping off my virtual dash, the solution was to remove Google maps. I now have a very basic map, with a dark green background and murky brown background for built up areas( but not always). Yesterday the map went a lighter shade of green with some pinkish areas, today back to dark green except for a period when the background was black.
Am I correct in thinking an S line is standard fitted with Google maps? And has anyone experienced the basic map I now have?

spellsinger
12-11-2017, 10:50 PM
I really like my A4 S line but I am struggling with a few issues as indicated in an earlier post. Recently I had issues with the map dropping off my virtual dash, the solution was to remove Google maps. I now have a very basic map, with a dark green background and murky brown background for built up areas( but not always). Yesterday the map went a lighter shade of green with some pinkish areas, today back to dark green except for a period when the background was black.
Am I correct in thinking an S line is standard fitted with Google maps? And has anyone experienced the basic map I now have?

It sounds like your Map is set to display Google maps, but you haven't got an internet (SIM card or Mobile phone) connection, the system is looking to go online but isn't able to - what you are seeing is the remnants of the display when you were online and had a full Google Maps display.

The following is from memory: from in the main map display you go to settings (move the MMI controller to the right, look for a menu item to do with "Display" and turn Google Maps on or off - off and you will have a conventional map graphic, on and you will of course require an internet connection.

A couple of points, as mentioned this is from memory and is assuming there isn't an underlying problem. And assumes I understood the problem?

Finally, I will be out of the country for a month (tomorrow A.M.), so probably won't be accessing this site for a while - apologies if questions go unanswered!

Mike

iainpeter
13-11-2017, 02:20 PM
Thanks, I was told they had removed Google maps to make it work, but much appreciate your help and will see what I can find. When they deleted Google maps they deleted all sat nav history, phone book and pre set radio channels, phone reinstated by me and I think it is as was before.
Hope you enjoy your trip and appreciate your reply.