PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Golf 1.0TSI Bluemotion (any good)

villatone
10-11-2017, 06:30 AM
Hi All
Just px'ed my Bora 1.9 130 TDI Highline for a 2015 Golf 1.0 TSI Bluemotion (hopefully for the better) was just wondering if anyone's got one of the 1.0 TSI Golf's, that could share any thoughts on them (good or bad). I have done some internet search's for reviews and video's, and they seem to be pretty good ,but would welcome some proper thoughts on what owners think.I have discovered that earlier TSI units had problems with the timing chain ,but have read that this has now been rectified on later models ,and does not apply to this particular 1.0 TSI engine (so I am told), would I be right in this assumption.
looking forward to hearing from anyone who has one of these 1.0 TSI Bluemotion Golf's
tony

Scott K
10-11-2017, 09:18 AM
Hi Tony,

Don't have the golf but have a fabia with the 1.0 tsi 110bhp engine and it is very good. We have done about 7000 miles in the last 6 months. Both our kids drive it and our son learned to drive in it and has been out driving most days since he passed!! Obviously it is the 6 speed manual - for learning. It is a very willing engine and nips along nicely. Also very comfortable on the motorway. Quiet, quite refined and seems to be averaging about 60 mpg although you will probably get less in the golf due to the weight.

villatone
10-11-2017, 05:26 PM
thank you scott thats comforting to know, don't suppose you know about the timing chain if its a chain or belt i think it's a belt but can't be sure as yet suppose i will go and ask a mechanic when i go and pick it up on tuesday afternoon
thank's for your reply
regards
tony