PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Please help!!

Ryank
07-11-2017, 10:53 PM
Hi all really need help with my not so trusty Passat recently she’s been giving me grief il list the problems and hopefully somebody can help!!

Brake lights went out I’ve changed the brake light switch, fuse and bulb still no brake lights

Interior light above gear stick doesn’t work as well as the puddle light in driver and passenger door but rear interior lights do work

And lastly low beam doesn’t work but side lights and high beam do also when side lights are on the rear fog light is on permanently

TIA Ryan

f927
08-11-2017, 01:25 AM
why have you changed the brake light switch? did some one told you?.

Ryank
08-11-2017, 09:19 AM
Hi I changed it because I had no brake lights and all the bulbs and fuses were ok. So I thought it was the switch

FrenchAudi
08-11-2017, 10:45 AM
Check you have 12 volts to earth, with a meter or a 12v test lamp, all the way along the circuit (with the brake light switch closed). Also check there is a good earth at the light itself and that the contacts for the bulb are clean.

You can make up a test lamp with a 12v bulb and holder and a couple of bits of wire, or buy one similar to this CAR 6V-12V CIRCUIT TESTER LIGHT LAMP VEHICLE DC ELECTRICAL PROBE 6-12 VOLT 25B | eBay (https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CAR-6V-12V-CIRCUIT-TESTER-LIGHT-LAMP-VEHICLE-DC-ELECTRICAL-PROBE-6-12-VOLT-25B-/281137706116)

f927
08-11-2017, 09:21 PM
Hi I changed it because I had no brake lights and all the bulbs and fuses were ok. So I thought it was the switch

I think you might short by one of the bulb not blowing completely.brake light bulbs are they single filament or double.do you have sidelights at the back? front lower beam not working both bulbs fused do you know how to check if a bulb is working or not by using the car battery?