PDA

View Full Version : Wind Deflector

Steve3
29-10-2007, 06:14 PM
Hi Folks, I need to pick your brains,

Has anybody actually compared a journey with a wind deflector in place and then done the same journey without.?

Does it make much difference, therefore is it worth the money.?

I know some people have said it's wonderful, but have they tried the same journey without it.

At the time of taking delivery (1st March 2007) most of the road tests said that it didn't make much difference , as the wind blowing was less in an Eos, than most other open tops.

Cheers Steve3

lesleystoddart
30-10-2007, 11:29 PM
Hi Steve

Although we don't have our Eos any more, we did have a wind deflector all the time we had it. However, as we have two kids who sat in the back regularly, we often went without it in place. The difference it makes is amazing, the through draft is reduced considerably and I wouldn't hesitate in recommending it.

I would say though that yes, the Eos, compared to our old Mazda MX-5, definately was less draughty to start with.

We were fortunate enough to buy our wind deflector at the time we bought our Eos, I don't know I would be so keen to part with between £350 and £450 buying it at a later date.

Keep your eye on a certain internet seling site - we sold ours there in immaculate condition for considerably less than what it would cost you to buy from a dealer now.

Lesley

Steve3
31-10-2007, 05:57 PM
Hi Lesley, many thanks for reply, The VW website states the cost as £230.00
including vat.

Did you order it when you bought the car ?.

Many thanks Steve.

lesleystoddart
31-10-2007, 07:03 PM
Hi Steve.

Think this is the price only when you order it with the car, which is what we did.

When we were selling ours we actually phoned round a few vw garages to get the price of one without the car and thats where the £350-£450 came from, and that was not including the carry case.

We didn't realise they were so expensive to order post-purchase, but when the bidding on ours kept going up and up we decided to do a bit of investigation and discovered the reason why. Bit of a rip off on the part of VW. Why should it be more expensive one way or another?

As I said before though, we found a big difference using it.

Lesley

peakwhite
19-11-2007, 11:26 PM
I've driven my EOS with and without the deflector, and it definately helps. Driving fast, there is less blowiness at high speeds, although at 30mph it makes little difference.

Steve3
20-11-2007, 09:18 PM
Hi Lesley and Peakwhite,

Thanks for your thoughts, I think I will save up and give it a try.?

If anybody is ordering a new Eos, its a lot cheaper to order with the car WHY?

Cruise control is cheaper fitted by the dealer WHY?

Cheers Steve.

Astaroth
30-12-2007, 01:23 PM
No idea on the cruise control... when new is just a sweetner as usual.

It does make a fair amount of difference but personally bought mine off ebay for £120 and no problems at all. Did find a 3rd party manufacturer that makes them for the EOS for £160 but no idea of the quality.