PDA

View Full Version : Golf mk3 rear wiper operation

blah2809
29-10-2007, 05:50 PM
Hi all

I have a 97 Golf estate and the rear wiper seem to be a bit dodgy.

Pushing the wiper arm forward causes a washer squirt and then a few wipes followed by intermittent half wipes with the wiper usually stopping near vertical. This never seems to stop until the engine is turned off

Can anyone tell me what the correct operation sequence is and how the wiper turns off?

Also, if the motor needs replacing, is this the sort of thing that would be available from a normal motor factors?

Cheers

kenney
29-10-2007, 06:18 PM
u push downwards twice to turn of the intermittent sequence

Perkele
20-10-2010, 08:29 AM
Hi all

I have a 97 Golf estate and the rear wiper seem to be a bit dodgy.

Pushing the wiper arm forward causes a washer squirt and then a few wipes followed by intermittent half wipes with the wiper usually stopping near vertical. This never seems to stop until the engine is turned off

Can anyone tell me what the correct operation sequence is and how the wiper turns off?

Also, if the motor needs replacing, is this the sort of thing that would be available from a normal motor factors?

Cheers

Mine did this and then finally died in the park position and won't move again.
If I manage to fix the problem I'll post here.

blah2809
20-10-2010, 12:04 PM
Mine did this and then finally died in the park position and won't move again.
If I manage to fix the problem I'll post here.

This recently got fixed as a side effect of repairing the rear number plate light. There was a few wires running to the front of the car that had been damaged.

Perkele
20-10-2010, 05:26 PM
OK thanks for the reply, I'll try and find the thread and get it fixed.
Although I haven't done anything with the tailgate light it might be a similar solution.