PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Issue/Case

edgarcollinss
21-10-2017, 09:08 PM
Hello there,
I was looking for some advice regarding my vehicle and was hoping that you may be able to help me.
I have a Skoda Fabia Tiptronic automatic car, owned from new in 2009; I have only completed 38,000 miles so far.
I had an issue the other day where I was pulling out from a junction when the car seemed to be unresponsive; it appeared to have a lag time before it kicked into gear. This lag could have caused an accident, and I’m concerned it may be an ongoing problem.
I’ve not noticed this sluggishness before but really worried that it may be a problem and could cause an accident.
Is there a fix for the sluggishness? Has anyone experienced this issue before?
Kind regards,
Edgar

Scott K
10-11-2017, 10:10 AM
Hi Edgar,

You haven't had many replies!! Might be better asking in the polo forum as they will have similar engine and gearboxes. In my experience, the lag i have noticed is when slowing down and then accelerating - the gearbox gets a bit mixed up and takes a second to decide which gear to be in. To get around this, I put the gearbox into S and this alleviates the issue.

Welcome to the forum and hope it is an easy fix.

Scott

edgarcollinss
08-10-2018, 11:16 AM
Hi Scott!

wow, that took a while.... so just to let everyone know that I've had to search around and found a trustworthy garage. They've fixed my car the same day. Serious professionals, I have to say. Didn't deal with anyone like that ever before.

I'm posting this reply just to let everyone know since my mate got similar issues now with his Skoda and told him to go to Milta Technology straight away. And their prices are super cheap for what you get!

They do all automatic gearboxes from Volkswagen so guess you might want to know.

Thanks!

GKR47
08-10-2018, 01:39 PM
What was the problem please and was it an expensive solution.
Its useful to have another contact for repairs that's not too far from me.