PDA

View Full Version : Discovery Pro - Black Screen

Shakeystevo
13-10-2017, 06:50 PM
Evening all

Is anyone having issues with the main head unit? Some times when I turn the car on the screen is black and won't turn on.

Music or radio doesn't work. Active display works ok...

I have to turn off the car leave it for 10mins and restart... it happens 50% of the time!

Rang the dealer and they said they are aware of an issue but just waiting for a firmware update..

Anyone had same issues and know any workarounds or way to manually update?

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

jmagee
14-10-2017, 08:41 AM
I've had the same issue. Press and hold the power button for 30 seconds and it'll reboot itself. I tend to think my issues are android auto linked as it'll happen when I plug my phone in.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Shakeystevo
14-10-2017, 09:02 AM
Excellent! Many thanks worked spot on...

Dealer said a fix was on the way... didn't quite believe so rang vw and they did conform there was a known problem and fix was waiting from factory... hopefully due soon!

Thanks again!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

jmagee
14-10-2017, 04:29 PM
Excellent! Many thanks worked spot on...

Dealer said a fix was on the way... didn't quite believe so rang vw and they did conform there was a known problem and fix was waiting from factory... hopefully due soon!

Thanks again!

Sent from my SM-G935F using TapatalkNo problem. I'm awaiting the fix too and was told the same

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Dan_UK
11-06-2019, 11:22 PM
I still have the problem with my android phone. Sometimes when I Want to stream music or just use the handfree part, it looks like everything is working but no audio! Once I powered off the head unit and powered back on it works as normal...weird....