PDA

View Full Version : Selling car...easy way to get list of options/features?

Desmondo
12-10-2017, 09:02 AM
Hi all,

Selling my A7 and wondering if there was an easy way to get a list of all the features + options for a specific model year? There are so many things on the car I don't want to miss anything major off because I've been daft and forgotten it.

Just out of interest, it's a 2011 TFSI SE.

pxr5
12-10-2017, 02:44 PM
What about the codes list (either in the Maintanance booklet or in the spare wheel well). You'll have to decipher them all though.

VAG Codes (http://vag-codes.info/#option-decoder)

M1tchy
12-10-2017, 10:12 PM
^that! It’s a small sticker full of 3 digit codes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Desmondo
13-10-2017, 08:01 AM
Cheers guys, I'll take a look for the sticker and pop some codes in.

Desmondo
13-10-2017, 08:09 AM
Mmmm, no sticker around the spare wheel area. Thinking it might just be easier to scour Autotrader ads and mark down all the things I know I've got. As long as I don't miss anything major it should be OK.

pxr5
13-10-2017, 08:16 AM
Mmmm, no sticker around the spare wheel area. Thinking it might just be easier to scour Autotrader ads and mark down all the things I know I've got. As long as I don't miss anything major it should be OK.

Have a look at your paperwork that came with the car, maybe the service book. I have a copy in the wheel well and also on the inside cover of the service guide.

:EDIT: Just had a thought, if you have a myaudi or youraudi account and enter your VIN, it will pick up your car and shows detail of what's on it, including any options.

Desmondo
13-10-2017, 08:58 AM
I'll check the book and the Audi account online, thanks. Didn't think of the online account.

I hate selling cars :(

Akash
13-10-2017, 09:21 AM
Do check the spare wheel area properly and remember to remove the wheel too.
When I bought my A7, I asked the dealership contact to send me a picture and pointed him to where it would be - despite looking 3 times, he couldnt find it. fast forward a few days, I picked up the car and had a look also failing to find it where it's always been for all my A4/A6 cars in past.
In the end, it was there but on the opposite side - so bumper side rather that rear of the back seats side.

Otherwise as mentioned, usually its in the book.

Having said that, I was still wanting to know the full spec prior to driving up 200 miles to get it so I looked more into it and found a site called vindecoderz
If you go there, hit Audi and type the VIN in, you get a fairly comprehensive list on what your spec is.

Hope this helps!

Desmondo
17-10-2017, 05:04 PM
Thanks for the extra info Akash. I'm all sorted now, car up for sale soon and then onwards and upwards :)

watronik7
09-11-2017, 10:19 AM
The best way is to setup an account in ErWin(for free).Then just pay approx £8 for an hour of use. Then you will type your VIN and get a full list of all equipmemt in the car including all PR codes. ErWin account will also give you access to service record and manuals.

PR sticker in the boot or service book just give you approx a quarter of what you have installed so not too much of use.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk