PDA

View Full Version : New Rline Estate Owner - retrofit questions

Shakeystevo
11-10-2017, 03:09 PM
Hi all

I'm new to the forum, having recently upgraded to a Rline Estate (150) from a CC.

Has anyone fitted the advanced telephone pack after market? Or fitted standalone QI charging pad?

Also, I'm thinking of adding some carbon fibre to the wing mirrors. Is the fit same as a B7 in terms of the wing mirror covers? Anyone had experience buying these?

Any help appreciated!

Shakey

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171011/a834c32db23f73ec3f442a0a56e2ce26.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

jmagee
11-10-2017, 11:03 PM
Use android auto you won't need advanced telephone. Nice choice of car, but I'm biased. Only upgrade I'd like is led headlights. So annoyed they aren't standard!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Shakeystevo
12-10-2017, 06:15 AM
Thanks for the reply.

I was only really interested in the advanced phone prep for the wireless charger. If I can just retrofit this part id be happy.

Agree on the LEDs, should be standard for the base rline price.

jmagee
12-10-2017, 07:57 PM
Fair enough, I'm sure you could buy a qi mat to fit.

I just plug in for android auto

deason
18-10-2017, 08:29 AM
Hi all

I'm new to the forum, having recently upgraded to a Rline Estate (150) from a CC.

Has anyone fitted the advanced telephone pack after market? Or fitted standalone QI charging pad?

Also, I'm thinking of adding some carbon fibre to the wing mirrors. Is the fit same as a B7 in terms of the wing mirror covers? Anyone had experience buying these?

Any help appreciated!

Shakey

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171011/a834c32db23f73ec3f442a0a56e2ce26.jpg

I remember this motor from when I was shopping for mine :)

I'm chuffed as nuts with mine, although there are a few bits on it i'd had liked for the price i've paid against an A4 Equiv S-Line it is far better value and I really do think with this A4 they've pulled a Boo boo, the dash was plasticy sat nav eating half the windscreen up where it is etc etc.

I've pulled my hair out looking to get Android Auto to work but it appears to be an additional extra needed to be added at PoS for when they got the thing working (late 2016). Unless you know something different on this forum?

Things mine hasn't got i'm missing a bit from a previous A4;

-Electric tailgate - I fell on the floor when i read for a retro fit it was just over 1k!!!! All A4's have this as standard which is a shame
-Xenons - Why on earth they aint on it is beyond me, i guess the A4 has this but a bit weird it isn't on ours
-Heated seats - They weren't on mine unfortunately, however not being the full leather seats it will be fine
-Remote control - I'd love to be able to turn on the heater remotely with the Mobile app like the GTE range has now

I did want HUD, but i've seen it on youtube and it looks a bit like its a dust magnet lol.

jmagee
18-10-2017, 08:41 PM
Mine has electronic boot and heated seats fortunately. Totally agree with the lack of xenon's