PDA

View Full Version : Question Audi S5 Kitcar

Sexybignose
10-10-2017, 06:10 PM
Hi All,

This is my first post, so please be kind ;)

I have recently bought from a salvage / breaker, a 2017 Audi S5 3.0 V6 set of Running gear with clocks, ECU, Keys, the lot..

With this I had intended to upgrade my 2005 Audi A4, but thought better of this and decided I would like to build a kit car instead (easier).

My Question: Is there anyway I can get around the whole sensor issue with the ECU as I have been told the amount of sensors on a car of this
type would have been considerable, therefore proving nigh on impossible for the unworthy, to recreate on the likes of a kit car!!

So I am now asking the professionals as to the easiest possible route to enable me to use the parts I have purchased, as I would really like to do this..

I am a sheetmetal / fabricator so have the skills and resources to build a chassis to suit the parts, I now need the technical support to get the tricky bits moving..

M1tchy
11-10-2017, 06:38 PM
What style of kit car are you planning? I’ve nearly finished mine with a 2.0l zetec engine. To make that work I’ve had to use sensors that came with the clocks and also some that came with the engine and some that came with the ECU. It’s a right mismatch but fingers crossed it will be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sexybignose
12-10-2017, 08:49 AM
hi M1tchy,

Ive bought a ferrari Dino shell and going to convert it to suit the Audi Running gear, which is a task in itself, but I think it will be worth it in the long run.
I liked the shape of it when I saw it, but didnt want an old looking car, so decided to do a more upto date model, Im guessing it will look similar to a GT40
but smaller which is what I was after as they are huge..
I have all the clocks / ignition / engine / gearbox / rear diff / ECU / keys and all the wiring harnesses, but it looks like a minefield as there is a 4ft pallet full
of it haha but god loves a trier..
Best of luck with your project hope it all works out..

M1tchy
12-10-2017, 10:13 PM
Oooo very nice!

Maybe I’ll try something more ambitious one day, all the best with it [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sexybignose
13-10-2017, 06:36 AM
hi M1tchy,

Ive bought a ferrari Dino shell and going to convert it to suit the Audi Running gear, which is a task in itself, but I think it will be worth it in the long run.
I liked the shape of it when I saw it, but didnt want an old looking car, so decided to do a more upto date model, Im guessing it will look similar to a GT40
but smaller which is what I was after as they are huge..
I have all the clocks / ignition / engine / gearbox / rear diff / ECU / keys and all the wiring harnesses, but it looks like a minefield as there is a 4ft pallet full
of it haha but god loves a trier..
Best of luck with your project hope it all works out..

ha I wish, just got the shell back yesterday and the engine / gearbox wont go anywhere near it, far too big, soooo plan B lol