PDA

View Full Version : Any Manuals For Seat Alhambra?

Robin Vitiello
28-10-2007, 10:56 PM
Hi, I have a 2002 1.9 115 bhp Alhambra. I have always done most of my own work on my cars and invariably used Haynes manuals that give a fantastic step by step instruction on work. Problem I came across was that Haynes do not do a manual for the Al.

My question is can the Haynes manual for the Ford galaxy be used as a substitute. I know the body work is the same, but are the mechanics also identical or do they differ in some key areas - Most notably where torque settings for nuts/bolts are important.

Alternatively are there any other diy manuals for the Al's in existence?

Currently my car is pretty good, having just turned 43K but I am noticing a slight sloppiness in the steering - nothing I can put my finger on and its not that noticeable. I recently changed both drop links that were worn. Are there any other weakensess in the gear that commonly wear out (eg anti roll bar rubbers/ steering joints etc?)

Thanks in advance for any comments.

Robin

djswampy
02-03-2008, 10:39 PM
Well, appart mainly for some engines and a few trim styles, the alhambras are the same as a galaxy or sharan. 90% of a galaxy haynes will work for its sister cars. Alternativly, what I have is a FORD TIS DVD. You can get these from eBay or other sources. Things like the brake and electrical systems should be similar. Afterall, they are all made in one factory in portugal. Some of the engine details may be different. I am on the belife that some of the early seats and VWs used 8 valves whereas the fords often used 16 valve engines, although I am not sure on that one.

Other than that, I belive that Haynes didn't see the point in printing one for the same vehicle with a different name, but they couldn't put them all under the same name on one book.