PDA

View Full Version : Please Help inlet manifold failure and warranty wont cover cost due to what they say carbon build up!

Ricardodba
29-09-2017, 08:34 AM
Hi,

Hope you guys can help me.

I have an audi Q7 57 plate, 3 litre diesel.

The engine light has come on and had it at the garage for diagnostics.
The diagnostic report shows that there is a runner error with the manifold (dont have exact code yet) with the inlet manifold and that it needs replacing.

I took out a warranty for this very reason as previously I had the A6 with the same engine and had the same manifold issues which was very costly!

So, the warranty company are making me and the garage jump through hoops to then say its not covered. Their reason being that their 'technicians' have decided that from the photo sent to them the manifold shows a build up of carbon and therefore voids the cover.

Im amazed that they can get all this from a photo. But whats more amazing is the photo shows next to no carbon build up to me...the garage even said the same...infact they said it looks relatively clean.

I've added the picture...would you guys mind giving your thoughts on this please?

Gazwould
29-09-2017, 09:31 AM
How long ago did you buy it , retail invoice ?

Ricardodba
29-09-2017, 09:59 AM
about 4 years ago.

JLBmatic
06-10-2017, 04:33 PM
i would get a replacement one from the guys at airshox.eu (think they advertise on here) and be done with it.