PDA

View Full Version : Question Rear tyre pressures on the door sticker are not correct :|

negev
28-09-2017, 01:30 PM
Just had a major service at a trusted independent. They advised the rear tyres are worn to 3mm on the outer and inner edges, suggesting under-inflation. This is annoying because I religiously check the pressures once a month and follow the specification on the door sticker.

It's a 2005 B5.5 Highline with 15" wheels, the sticker says unloaded it shouldn't be more than 33 front and 30 rear so this is what I do most of the time. When it's loaded up when we're off on holiday I run 35 all round.

Clearly I'm not putting enough in the rears though, maybe the pressure needed for Avons is different from the OEM tyres?

Now I'm thinking I should run at 35 all round all the time to avoid this happening again.. is that safe or too much?

MiniMental
29-09-2017, 09:32 AM
All pressures stated on the car with regards to tyres are to suit the original OEM tyres only. Technically, you should ask your tyre manufacturer for the recommended pressures if you change to different ones :)

Aidan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gazwould
29-09-2017, 09:51 AM
Lots of variables , extra load , makes etc .

I've always gone above recommended for decades and I've yet to observe center over inflation wear .

audi80forlife
29-09-2017, 09:54 AM
Hi! 35 will be safe. I'm pretty surprised that from factory it says only 30.