PDA

View Full Version : How are the new B9 tech options working out for you?

french_audi
28-09-2017, 07:21 AM
Hi folks

I'm soon going to be placing my order - although even now I am hesitating between the more practicall Allroad over a better handling S-Line.

Most of the options have been considered and chosen but I wondered how people are getting on with their tech options? Value and usefulness.

My driving is mixed with a 3rd of town driving, 3rd country roads and the rest on the autoroutes and autobahns.

Amongst the tech options on my list that I would like to hear about are:

Adaptive cruise control - does this feel secure when sitting behind another car or do you sort of feel that you should be ready to brake at any moment? - I know each driver must be responsible for his/her own security. Additonally do you feel it works well in stop/start long traffic lines?

Dynamic direction steering - anyone tried this? It would seem to offer better steering feel and make town driving easier.

Self parking - although I can my park fine this does seem like a time saver and helpul to avoid bodywork scrapes. Parallel parking estimation is the thing that most interests me

Anyone with a trailer tried the trailer assistance mode? I said I could park fine but reversing my large trailer is always a pantomime.

Feel free to add your thoughts on other options.

Thanks in advance...

hotfire2009
13-11-2017, 04:32 PM
Hi There - I have one of the ex-Audi launch vehicles with ALL options fitted except, would you believe, heated seats. In addition I've had the new front and rear Audi traffic camera's fitted called UTR Universal Traffic Recording that's HD/4k I believe and linked to the satellite. Any questions, ask but adapative cruise, Matrix and Bose 19 speakers, to start with, are F***** amazing.

lc1
13-11-2017, 06:56 PM
Hi,
I can fully recomend the acc System. Already got it in the B8. But in B9 it is working realy nice. Specially in Traffic Jam situations.

Also i would recomend to Upgrade the headlights to Led or Matrix Led. I got the Matrix Led and the light is subjective 3 Times brighter than xenon.

And please think about the sound system. For Classic Musik i would recomend the Bang. The Sound is extreamly clear. Compared to the B8 the sound now is a Little more brighter.
All in all in the Limo Version the Sub is not so powerfull as in the avant.

Wish you the best with the B9
Christoph

Feel free to contact me for more :)

french_audi
13-11-2017, 11:25 PM
Thanks for that.

It is good to hear real life test and opinions.
I ordered my A4 allroad:
Matrix headlights
Electronic seats with memory
Sports seats
Road pack - all the driving aids
Advanced parking pack - the town and parking aids
Adaptive suspension - will this cope well with all different driving styles
Dynamic steering - very curious to see how this works out.
B&O sound system
Rear privacy glass
Folding tow bar
Hill hold
Adjustable front headrests
Rear airbags

It comes with the virtual cockpit, conveniance key with gesture boot opening, 3 years Audi connect, phone charging pad ( hope this will take a Samsung S8 size phone, extended LED lighting.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk