PDA

View Full Version : A4B8 2009 Petrol door issue

Caro
24-09-2017, 03:05 PM
Are any of you guys able to diagnose an issue with by near side (passenger front) door? I open the car in the usual way and the near side door appears to remain locked. I can't open it from the outside. Once I open it once from the inside, it's fine. Any ideas? Thanks in advance

klioupas
24-09-2017, 08:28 PM
Hi, I have the same problem with my driver's door. You need to change the lock...

Crasher
24-09-2017, 09:01 PM
8K fuel flap doors are very unreliable as are the door lock units.

vwawudi
24-10-2017, 12:18 AM
My driver's side door was doing the same, wouldn't respond to the key, had to open all 4 doors and reach to open from back seat - settled now. In addition, odd whirring sound from it but dealer says they couldn't isolate the problem, need to do more testing or so.

Indy had said the lock would need changing.

Crasher
24-10-2017, 12:19 PM
Had an A5 in yesterday where the boot open was showing and so the car would not respond to the remote. We changed the catch, nothing, the lock button (showing as a code) as the earth pin was corroded (and fitted a new gold plated terminal) and still nothing, stripped the wiring and checked it pin to pin, perfect, so tomorrow I am trying a new BCM. Tried locking the car using the emergency key and the door would lock but nothing else happened and if you took the key out, the door would open if you pulled the handle twice!