PDA

View Full Version : Audi TFSI recall modifications

french_audi
11-09-2017, 09:49 AM
Has anyone any updates on what Audi have being doing with the TFSI 2.0 and 3.0 engines that they recently stopped production of?

I was curious if they have modified performance or managed to reduce CO2 figures?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Fishermandan
12-09-2017, 03:09 PM
Along the same lines - does anyone know if they've acually started selling them again yet? I have an S4 on order but Audi still can't confirm a delivery date........

Has anyone any updates on what Audi have being doing with the TFSI 2.0 and 3.0 engines that they recently stopped production of?

I was curious if they have modified performance or managed to reduce CO2 figures?

PAGolding
15-09-2017, 08:54 AM
Well dealers are taking orders. I ordered on 30/07, only to get a call a week later to say there was going to be a delay as Audi had put orders on hold for 2.0 and 3.0 petrol. I finally got the Audi welcome email with an order number on 24/08 and on the yourAudi site my order is still at status 00 (Welcome) and is yet to show a build date.

Yesterday, I got a call from the dealer to ask me to come in and sign some more paperwork. Apparently to do with the revised emissions issue and me having to acknowledge that the car they eventually build will have so far unknown emissions and mpg figures! Only after that (when they finally send the doc's to Audi I assume), will the car get a build date. "18" plate is looking likely :-(

french_audi
15-09-2017, 10:12 AM
Yes that is a problem. For me living in France the emissions are a sore subject. Already at 151g I was looking at an eco tax ( Read eco theft) of €1500. Go up to 195g and it is a €10,000 surcharge - yes you did read that correctly €10k !
I was hoping the CO2 figure might drop a bit.

Does anyone have real world mpg figures for their 2.0 TFSI Quattro?