PDA

View Full Version : Fault 00467 intermittent surging and whooshing sound

Eugheugh
10-09-2017, 05:32 PM
Hi
I am tearing my hair out trying to get to the bottom of a problem with my AWX engined TDI 130 Passat. VCDS Fault code 00467 fuel pump no communications fault. The car runs okay and then intermittently lacks power and while this is happening there is slight grey smoke from exhausts. When accelerating moderately hard there is a 'whooshing' noise - very much like a hose has come off the intercooler or something but I can find no such problem or indeed any issue with any of the hoses such as cracks or splits. Can anyone help before I take the bumper off to examine the intercooler closer ?. Damn these cars for the tight packaging!!. I have had the hose off the turbo and cannot detect play in the bearings, by the way.

Rob69
10-09-2017, 07:09 PM
Might be worth checking your in tank lift pump is running and checking the intercooler for a split header joint, you would probably see oil blowing out where it may be split.
I cant see that 00467 code in VCDS Wiki.

Eugheugh
11-09-2017, 03:46 PM
Yeh, 00467 is an unusual code by all accounts. The missus grounded the bottom of the car out heavily last week going over one of Cambridgeshires notorious bumpy roads (council are a bunch of arseh___s, and it actually smashed the undertray to such as extent it was hanging off. As I wasnt with them at the time I had a garage look at it on the ramps but they found nothing sinister at the time and she drove 150 miles home without bother. i've run my fingers across the intercooler mounting lugs (as I cant actually see them) and found no problems but will now embark on taking the thing off to actually have a proper look. Thanks for the advise Rob69.

Eugheugh
13-09-2017, 05:49 PM
Lift pump working okay and no splits anywhere along the route of the intercooler. The car feels like it is intermittently going into limp mode but its just overfuelling as its accompanied by light smoke seen in the rear view mirror. I have to say I'm baffled. Any more ideas, guys?????

Rob69
13-09-2017, 07:28 PM
Don't know if you have access to vcds but maybe worth checking MAF sensor, MAP sensor, N75 and VNT guidevanes operation and EGR operation