PDA

View Full Version : Quick beginners question on CarPlay

gebbel
06-09-2017, 08:29 PM
Hi, a quick question on CarPlay in the B9, I can't figure out how to use the control dial to type in either a destination in Apple Maps or a song/ artist in the Music app. It's not offering me the ability to input text. I'm only able to choose recent entries I've inputted myself on the iPhone. I've tried a few times with no succcess. Many thanks.

gebbel
07-09-2017, 09:12 PM
OK I'll rephrase the question: can anyone who has Carplay on their B9 Audi (and actively uses it) please confirm whether or not it is possible to use the control dial to either enter a new destination on the Apple Maps app, or else a new song/ track etc. on the Apple Music app. I'll post back here myself if I get answers elsewhere...because it's driving me nuts not being able to figure it out! Ta

Edit: solved for the maps, not possible for music (you need to use SIRI to search for tracks/artists which does not work well depending on your pronunciation etc)

MJC_OK
25-09-2017, 09:53 PM
Yep, as you’ve discovered, CarPlay is Siri only. Fortunately it works pretty well for me - this is by design by Apple, obviously ;) for hands free driving

you should be able to navigate music to see playlists, and curated lists if you have Apple Music