PDA

View Full Version : Need to cover B9 key to prevent things being opened when not wanted

GMcGeachie
05-09-2017, 02:48 PM
There's a design flaw with the keys for my B9 A4 Avant - if I keep the key in my pocket when I'm sitting within range of the car, there's a good chance that other things on the key ring will press a button for long enough to open the tailgate or unlock the car and open all the windows. The same thing sometimes happens when my wife's key is in her handbag.

I've started looking for some kind of flip case for the key, so the buttons are covered up when I don't need them.

Paintstripper
05-09-2017, 03:51 PM
I have much the same problem with my saloon, although only really with the boot release. The key is a very poor design.

GMcGeachie
15-09-2017, 09:51 AM
I bought a key case from Amazon - KUMEED Car key Chain bag Black Genuine Leather Car Smart KeyChain Coin Holder Case Cover Holder Pouch Remote Key Chains Fob Bag Keyring Wallet Zipper Case (Black, Small): Amazon.co.uk: Car & Motorbike (https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01N5D3HZ0) - for the buttons to work when the key is in the case, the case has to be squeezed quite hard, so it's OK so far