PDA

View Full Version : New High up! 90PS Cruise retrofit.

Syd Aisy
27-08-2017, 02:00 PM
My car is secured on a deposit but because it has already been built (I'm told) I shall get what I am given (Plus a sizeable discount.)
This car has no cruise control fitted as built, but being a High up! with Eco mode, the BCM and engine manager should be pre loaded with the necessary software ready to unlock once I have fitted the switch and loom, according to my research.
I expect that the switch stalk is a fairly common part and be the same as a 2014 model but I do not know for sure and would like my theory confirming. I have the wiring details and part numbers so can construct the loom between the BCM, dashboard and stalk.
At that point, I expect that I need somebody with VCDS to unlock the CC bytes for the BCM and Engine management.
Am I right in this or is there some fundamental thing I have missed out that prevents this from working on the facelifted TSI model?
I'd be grateful for any advice from those who know more than I do about this.
Thanks for your attention.

Scott K
29-08-2017, 09:50 AM
If you look at Hazzy Dayz website, they say it takes 4-5 hours. Might be worth a call to see if it is the same part.

Syd Aisy
29-08-2017, 07:05 PM
Thank you Scott. I reckon that once you have removed the wheel, fitted the required wires, taken out the battery tray to get to the fuse box and fit the wire to it, you would be about right and first time out, it could take all day. Then again, A colleague offered to lend me his latest edition VAG-COM and the contents of his not inconsiderable grey matter in order to effect the upgrade as soon as I told him of my plan.