PDA

View Full Version : Question Misbehaving navigation

Corb2000
26-08-2017, 07:27 PM
Anyone had this or have any ideas about what might be happening?
On several separate occasions my A7's navigation has placed the car about 250-300m from its actual location, which leaves it thinking I am driving 'off road' and causes it to constantly recalculate, really annoying and unhelpful.
First time it only reverted back to an accurate location on the following day (despite turning everything on and off twice in an attempt to reset it). Today it sorted itself out while I was driving.
On both occasions the speed camera display and active cruise have also stopped working...
Any ideas what's going on, everything works fine for 95% of the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wildbeeste
26-08-2017, 08:54 PM
Many years ago I had a garmin gps unit on a motorbike that did exactly the same thing
Sitting on a dock awaiting a ferry and it thought I was 250 yards out in the Irish sea - constant recalculation as if thinks you are another road
It was an internal error in the unit. Garmin swapped it for a new unit which solved the problem.
I would imagine that is the likely solution for you as well :aargh4:

AK88
27-08-2017, 05:44 PM
I had this exact issue, with examples of being a few hundred meters out, to the NAV thinking its back in Germany, It was an intermittent fault but when it went rogue it was at the most inconvenient time you could imagine!, luckily when I took the car to the dealer the nav was displaying the location two roads over, Audi identified the fault to the antenna and replaced it, this included the external fin which I thought they could salvage the original casing casing, unfortunately up close you can see mine is a replacement

M1tchy
27-08-2017, 07:13 PM
Speed camera display? How do you get that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Corb2000
27-08-2017, 07:34 PM
Sorry, a misstype, should be speed limit display...

M1tchy
28-08-2017, 11:13 AM
Damn! Got excited then - although with a speed camera warning the car would beep from the second the engine is switched on to the second it goes off!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

morski
02-09-2017, 01:31 PM
Its the external roof antenna, common fault and easily replaceable. You dont need to have a replacement resprayed as the outer casing is removable. Alternatively you can use a cheap gps antenna from ebay and plug it into the back of the mmi unit.

Corb2000
02-09-2017, 06:08 PM
Happened again yesterday, it's a real nuisance when you're actually relying on the navigation

VDT
02-08-2018, 10:18 PM
Interesting. So you can bypass the roof fin and plug something into the mmi unit. What needs to be bought please, and where does one access the MMI unit? Much appreciated.