PDA

View Full Version : S Line Tyre Pressures

Richard60
20-08-2017, 04:38 PM
I've recently acquired an S line Avant with 19in rims. I'm impressed with many aspects of the car: interior is fab and the performance from the V6 diesel is epic but, dear mother of God, the ride is hard on poor roads. Now, you might argue I should have got that figured out on the test drive and you'd be right but I think I was trying to convince myself all would be well because I liked the car so much and it was a cracking deal. But here's the thing: the first time I washed the car I checked the tyre pressures and found they were all around 31-32psi rather than the 42F and 39R they should have been at. Much apologising from the dealer etc but theres no doubt it rides better at the lower pressures - as you'd expect. But does anyone have any experience of running lower pressures and what it does to tyre wear?

Alan02
23-08-2017, 09:28 PM
My previous A6 Le Mans had 19's and was s line also. I always ran at tne recommended pressures and had no issues with a hard ride, but i guess we're all different!
If you run under inflated tyres you are going to get uneven wear issues across the tread. I wouldnt recommend it.

yuppyflyer
04-09-2017, 09:52 PM
I would also assume running lower pressures will result in poorer fuel economy too.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Gazwould
05-09-2017, 05:18 AM
19 " skinny profile and pants UK roads .

Heavy wheels causes the dampers to be less efficient through extra unsprung weight .