PDA

View Full Version : Emissions Fix reversal

badayuni92
10-08-2017, 05:21 PM
My audi a4 b8 2010 2.0 TDI had the emissions fix done a couple of months ago, ever since the car has not felt right. The engine sounds loud and lumpy, regular DPF regens even though i do the recommended driving for a diesel engine, juddering at low rpm and generally feels sluggish.

I have found a tuning company who state they can roll back the software to the old verison which should make my car feel normal again. Has anyone else had this done, did the car go back to normal? Do you recommend having this done? I know if the EGR, Fuel Injectors or DPF fail after doing this Audi wont cover it but it is a double edged sword do you drive a car that feels like a donkey and when those parts fail they should be fixed for free? Or do you do the update and be rest assured nothing will go wrong

I have had the scanned with VCDS no problems or fault codes found touch wood and the DPF figures seem okay

Your thoughts and opinions would be great

Gazwould
10-08-2017, 07:30 PM
I think they're doing a 2 year warranty on certain parts after the fix , no good if it's pants .

Std software back on or Stage 1 or for best smoothness , drivability and power , Stage 1 with egr and dpf out .

spartacus 68
23-08-2017, 11:44 PM
I think they're doing a 2 year warranty on certain parts after the fix, no good if it's pants .

Std software back on or Stage 1 or for best smoothness, drivability and power, Stage 1 with egr and dpf out.

Got my letter the other day, so yes now offering 2 year warranty on car if any issues, although you'll need to use genuine VAG parts for servicing, and maintain schedule to have any come-back.