PDA

View Full Version : Reversing mirrors

asr
30-07-2017, 09:13 PM
I have a 2015 R Line Touareg with standard seats. Reading the handbook it should have mirrors that dip when reverse is selected. But how do I get them to work?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

c4a5er
30-07-2017, 10:21 PM
The memory function for mirror dip is part of either of the 2 options available for seat memory.... which you won't have if you have non electric standard seats.

asr
30-07-2017, 10:49 PM
Oh well. Thanks for the info. Had it on my A6 and it was great.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Johnny31
12-01-2018, 09:32 PM
Oh well. Thanks for the info. Had it on my A6 and it was great.

Sent from my SM-G900F using TapatalkNo need to give up yet. If it's the same as with Audi, you just need to enable it with VCDS, OBD11 or similar... ;)

Sent from my mobile...

c4a5er
12-01-2018, 10:17 PM
No need to give up yet. If it's the same as with Audi, you just need to enable it with VCDS, OBD11 or similar... ;)

Sent from my mobile...Yes but you still can't memorise the position you want it to dip to if you don't have a memory pack.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Johnny31
12-01-2018, 10:37 PM
Yes but you still can't memorise the position you want it to dip to if you don't have a memory pack.

Sent from my SM-G935F using TapatalkWorth giving it a go. My A6 for example had mirror dip from factory but w/o memory seat option. You will also see that across the Audi range people generally not complain of problems once it is set (easy to validate in the Audi section here).
It seems that the module itself can "memorise" the previous position so it will happily flip between the two (revers and fwd) going exactly back to where it was.
So, it does not hurt to try as I cannot imagine VAG doing such things wildly differently across brands.

Sent from my mobile...

c4a5er
13-01-2018, 01:40 PM
Worth giving it a go. My A6 for example had mirror dip from factory but w/o memory seat option. You will also see that across the Audi range people generally not complain of problems once it is set (easy to validate in the Audi section here).
It seems that the module itself can "memorise" the previous position so it will happily flip between the two (revers and fwd) going exactly back to where it was.
So, it does not hurt to try as I cannot imagine VAG doing such things wildly differently across brands.

Sent from my mobile...

Correct it wouldn’t hurt, done it on many vag cars and it will dip but as said that’s all it does. It just drops, no way to set the amount, no left/right movement either. But if that simple drop happens to miraculously suit your preferred position then fine. Also in my experience the mirrors return position soon goes off and requires tweaking after reversing a few times.