PDA

View Full Version : Buying new A4 what options to choose

Thevanguard
30-07-2017, 04:09 PM
Hi I am looking to buy a New A4.

Are there any options that are a must have? Or any tips for a new owner?

I am planning on getting the 2.0 TFSI sport, with the tecnololgy pack, virtual cockpit, privacy glass, electric seats and rear airbags.

Am I missing anything?

Thanks

yuppyflyer
01-08-2017, 11:11 PM
Hill hold if it's a manual, storage pack if you want cup holders in the back! I really like the bling 100 quid coloured interior led lights too :)

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Paul Nisbet
02-08-2017, 06:19 PM
Get an Sline with the same options. ��

Fishermandan
02-08-2017, 07:47 PM
Is hill-hold assist worthwhile for an auto? Not sure how an electronic handbrake works without it?...

PAGolding
03-08-2017, 10:47 AM
Given that auto has only 2 pedals and you presumably have 2 feet, I can't see what the point of hill-hold assist is. I could be missing something though.

Scott K
03-08-2017, 11:49 AM
Never used hill hold on my autos but may be useful if you tow a lot. Since you don't mention a towbar as an option you probably won't be!

Thriftmeister
13-09-2017, 02:53 PM
Hill hold Auto or manual, well worth £75
Leather Alcantara for £350 is a must to avoid that plastic "twin leather" on the Sport
Otherwise Sport is a good spec. Better Suspension/wheel combo 99% of the time. Doesn't look quite as good but you'll not regret it. Comfort spec and 18/19" on the S-Line looks even sillier.

Electric seats need a memory function IMHO, not sure if it's standard now. May as well add the folding mirrors so they have a memory too.
Virtual cockpit is a 3 minute wonder and is probably cheaper to produce than all those dials. Audi Marketing! As is extended light pack.
Ditch the Gangster glass if it's an Avant. Van!
Xenons are amazing so no need for LEDs. Washers would be a good extra.
Audi sound really good so no need for B&O

Great car even as basic spec. Enjoy

Old Nick
15-09-2017, 03:37 PM
I would agree with my beer drinking friend Thrifmeister on the Hill Hold, it is well worth the extra but I would totally disagree with his comments on the Virtual Cockpit, which I love and it comes with a bigger sat nav screen and connection to the Internet - certainly not a 3 minute wonder. I have had two cars with Xenon lights but have to say that the LED's are another step up and if you intend to do any continental driving they do not require any adjustments as the beams are so flat.
Hope you enjoy your new car when it arrives

Thriftmeister
15-09-2017, 06:06 PM
I would agree with my beer drinking friend Thrifmeister on the Hill Hold, it is well worth the extra but I would totally disagree with his comments on the Virtual Cockpit, which I love and it comes with a bigger sat nav screen and connection to the Internet - certainly not a 3 minute wonder. I have had two cars with Xenon lights but have to say that the LED's are another step up and if you intend to do any continental driving they do not require any adjustments as the beams are so flat.
Hope you enjoy your new car when it arrives

Beer drinking:confused: Love it but can't recall the last one I had. Sports commitments have put a temporary stop to all intoxication!

To clarify another point, I do not have the Virtual Cockpit, I had no choice as I obtained a stock model. However, two colleagues have it and both said its showroom appeal wears off as quick as coloured interior lights. Worse still one chap is convinced it will cause him to crash before long as it's so complicated/full of features. Having played with it I tend to agree. Bigger sat nav sounds nice though!

Dave30
20-09-2017, 06:53 PM
Interesting observations on Virtual Cockpit. I've been driving my car fitted with Virtual Cockpit for a year now and love it. Currently my car is with the dealer so I'm driving a loan A5 which doesn't have it fitted. I can honestly say that I miss it. However, I love all techie things so I guess it comes down to individual perception. The loan A5 has hill hold which my car doesn't and its ok. The A5 also has the B&O option but I personally don't notice that much of a difference and am glad I didn't select this. Finally, totally agree regarding the above comments regarding LED lights - simply awesome!