PDA

View Full Version : Please Help 9N polo lighting/indicator fault

andy198712
25-07-2017, 10:06 PM
Hi,

I have an 02' Polo 1.4 that I brought as a fixer upper as a first car for the son.
Having done the gearbox and clutch, I'm now moving onto the electrical.

So the car starts and drives okay.
But I'm having issues with the lights.

-the left hand indicators don't work only a fast flashing dash light.

-the rear lights are a bit of a mess, pushing the brake pedal causes the fog warning light on the dash to come on, certain combinations of lights and indicators will cause the fog dash light to flash with the indicators.

-when some bulbs are lit on the rear cluster, others will faintly glow or flash (depending on what is used)

-found a broken pin on the rear left light cluster so will find another of those.

Any thoughts? Or where to start?
I removed the hazard switch but still had no indicators ect... as if heard that was a common issue.
Need to triple check ALL fuses.
There was a ghetto earth added to the rear left light with the broken pin but removed this and it didn't change anything, I don't think....

Cheers
Andy

Rob69
26-07-2017, 07:08 AM
I've had rear light problems on polo 6n where the harness into the tailgate was brittle and insulation and wires broken where it constantly bends when the tailgate opens and closes. Might be worth you chasing back the rear cluster wiring and testing for faults, sounds like you're on the right tracks.